After my honeymoon in New Orleans it is clearly evident that my husband LOVES jazz clubs, so what was more perfect than going to The Jazz Kitchen for his 23rd birthday? A famous and incredibly talented musician Ira Sullivan and his band played last night. We really enjoyed the ambiance and vibrant music. And my Billionaire Coffee drink was fabulous too! Last night reassured me how much I adore my husband and how special and important he is in my life, so I was really glad I could take him to this jazz joint. It is one of his new fav night spots now!
Leading up to the event I was trying to decide what ensemble would be appropriate. The only other time I’ve been to The Jazz Kitchen was for Carnival last February and everyone was pretty fancy, so I was psyched at the prospect of wearing a newly purchased Goodwill dress. It was originally from Target, and I got it at last month’s 50% off day for only $8. I think it was rather classy and sophisticated! Now I just need another event and excuse to wear it.
This is the first of my posts about some of my favorite outfits, kind of like a photo diary to remember and share really successful clothing combinations. This weekend must have been a green weekend, because both outfits below have really pretty green tones to help them pop!
Yesterday I wore I bright jade tank top with ruffles and shiny buttons and my high-waisted khaki shorts. I paired this with my skinny brown belt, brown flats and gold and pearl bracelet.
1. Jade top: Goodwill find from several years ago i.e. only $2-$4
2. High-waisted shorts: on sale for $10 at the Gap last summer
3. Belt: came with a skirt I bought at Forever 21 in Hong Kong last year (only $10 USD for both)
4. Flats: recent Goodwill find – on sale during 50% off day for only $2.15
5. Pearl bracelet: on sale at Forever 21 a year ago – less than $5 I believe
Today I paired my favorite mint green chinos with a light and airy grey lace tank. I then topped the look off with a vintage necklace that my dad gave me years ago. Please disregard my messy hair – I napped today. Ha! And I thought I would show the shaded and well-lit versions, which is why they look like the same picture, whoops!
1. Mint chinos: only $20 with H&M 20% off coupon for email sign-up
2. Grey tank: $2 at Goodwill 50% off day
3. Beaded necklace: FREE from my antiquey dad